Access to behavioral and mental health services is constrained by a shortage of behavioral and mental health professionals and limited insurance coverage, along with patients’ perceived stigma associated with needing these services.
Goals and Objectives
- Improve convenient access to care by eliminating the need to travel for in-person care and making care available 24 x 7.
- Reduce the cost of care by providing access to health coaches and licensed therapists online at lower costs than conventional in-person care.
- Address behavioral and mental health issues that impact the treatment of chronic conditions.
- Virtual visits
- Mobile applications
- Conversational AI and chatbots
- Patient mental health assessments
Use Case Summary
Digital behavioral health therapy can address the barriers of access, costs, and clinician shortages by providing consumers digital therapeutic tools that enable them to connect with an appropriate behavioral or mental health professional online
based on self-assessment of their mental health or recommendation by a healthcare provider.