– A hospital — the “gold standard” for the delivery of acute care services — is one of the most expensive care settings and is not always an appropriate option for patients.
– Many seniors prefer to remain or return to the home after hospitalization.
Goals and Objectives
– Provide optimal hospital-level care in the patient’s home.
– Mitigate the risk of hospital-acquired infections, decompensation, and delirium from prolonged hospital stays.
– Reduce hospital readmissions.
– Address capacity issues of hospitals and emergency departments by freeing up beds for the most acute patients.
– Optimize care coordination and transitions in care.
– IoT including remote health monitoring
– Analytics and AI
– Unified communications and collaboration solutions
– Telehealth including virtual care services
– Home healthcare systems
– Wireless data connectivity: 3G, 4G, and 5G and Wi-Fi
Use Case Summary
Hospital-at-home programs provide hospital-level care for patients in their homes instead of in an acute hospital setting, thus avoiding expensive inpatient services, mitigating the risk of iatrogenic events, addressing overcrowding, and improving the coordination of services across the care continuum.