Virtual reality (VR) platforms offer realism and immersion in medical education and training.
Goals and Objectives
- Elevate teaching and learning experiences for students and trainers through better anatomical views, simulation, and collaboration.
- Allow surgeons to immerse in realistic minimally invasive surgical pathways to improve patient navigation, surgical precision, and outcomes.
- Mimic the feeling of working with real surgical instruments in a safe environment.
- VR, VR platforms, VR goggles, and VR cameras
- Audio/video interfaces
- High-speed broadband connection – fixed or wireless (i.e., 5G)
Use Case Summary
VR platforms are being increasingly utilized, particularly for surgery, to offer better opportunities for visualization of surgical procedures, techniques, and simulations. Clinicians can exchange knowledge conveniently, and students feel like they are present with the surgeon. Surgeons can rehearse and practice surgical approaches and procedures prior to actual interventions.