More new vehicles brought to market are connected devices that collect data generated by various onboard sensors and can transmit these data in real time to a central platform for processing and analysis. On-board units (OBUs) can be retrofitted on older vehicles and smartphones themselves are steadily becoming reliable event data recorders. This creates opportunities to digitally transform and enhance current concierge services for a better customer experience at times of need.
Goals and Objectives
- Cover at 360 degrees all motor-related services by combining the offers of various stakeholders directly or indirectly involved in the operation of motor vehicles (e.g., OEMs, car dealerships, insurers, road-side assistance services providers, travel-related services providers, concierge services providers).
- Build a digital concierge claims service with the following features: kicks off first notification of loss from the point of impact; triggers coverage verification; alerts emergency response; initiates preferred towing, repair shop, and rental car services; notifies insured’s contacts; and assigns a claims adjuster.
- Big Data
- Advanced analytics
- Mobile technologies
- Cognitive technologies
- Next-gen security
- Collaborative clouds
- Automated underwriting systems
- Digital platforms
Use Case Summary
- Establish a telematics-enabled digital claims concierge that helps fast-track the notification and claims adjudication process through more accurate assessment of the event based on insights from connected sensor data.
- Enhance the claims adjudication process through reconstruction or dynamic playback of the event.
- Extend concierge services to non-crash related situations.