- Patient assessments for depression, anxiety, and other behavioral and mental health conditions range from paper-based self-assessment surveys to brief online surveys as part of the patient check-in process.
- Because PCPs lack the time or tools, depression, anxiety and other behavioral or mental health issues are under diagnosed.
Goals and Objectives
- Leverage passive monitoring via mobile technology (geolocation, levels of communication) or voice analysis to identify patients with depression, posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), or other behavioral or mental health conditions.
- Address behavioral and mental health issues that impact the treatment of chronic conditions.
- Mobile devices
- AI-enabled mobile apps to collect and analyze geodata and communication patterns
- AI-enabled voice recognition and voice print analysis tools/machine learning
- Predictive analytics
Use Case Summary
Passive monitoring using non-intrusive technology improves the detection of depression, PSTD, and other behavioral and mental health conditions; improves the accuracy of diagnosis and appropriateness of care plans; and enables quantifiable monitoring of the patient’s mental health status over time.